18 August 2014

Walk On The Moon



Whenever I get super busy, the minimalist in me awakens and I dress myself in nothing but black and white. I've also shed most of my jewels for the sake of functionality and I'm kind of loving it. The Bailey44 top I'm wearing is the perfect example of the type of minimal piece I love so much. It features zippers as side seams and a built in sports bra. Simple design, a monochromatic palate, and interesting silhouette are always a winning combination in my book. 











Bailey 44 Top, Zara Boots, American Apparel Pants

I honestly have been feeling extremely overwhelmed and exhausted these past few days. Literally just moved into a new apartment! Who knew finding a place to live, coordinating with other human beings, and moving all your things in was such a stressful process? Dealing with forces you can't control really strips a person to their bare bones. Even through all the stress I'm still extremely grateful for the gem of a place I'm going to be living in. The fire escape is nothing short of incredible! I also posted a preview of the interior on my instagram this weekend. 

My time back in New York has been really exciting and tumultuous at the same time. I don't mind though, because I'm the type of person who feeds off of challenging situations. It's kind of an addiction for me, I'm constantly trying to push myself right to the edge to where I'm always learning something new. Stagnation and complacency in life is basically virtual death to me but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate temporary lulls. One of my favorite authors Haruki Murakami expresses this sentiment beautifully in The Wind Up Bird Chronicle, 


“The point is, not to resist the flow. You go up when you're supposed to go up and down when you're supposed to go down. When you're supposed to go up, find the highest tower and climb to the top. When you're supposed to go down, find the deepest well and go down to the bottom. When there's no flow, stay still. If you resist the flow, everything dries up. If everything dries up, the world is darkness.”


I can't wait until this moving process is completely over and I can celebrate by sleeping in and snuggling with my friends while eating chocolate coconut ice cream. What do people even do for R+R these days? 

Lots of love and light to all of you as I'm sure I'm not the only one in the middle of a process right now. Feel free to send your love and light my way too because I could sure use it!

Photos by Marielle Sales