17 July 2014

teen age riot








 Dimepiece Vest, Wildfang Hat

I thought of these words the other night in the midst of contemplating the mysteries of life:

"Don't hang out with people who make you feel like butts. Do hang out with people who let you touch their butts."

In all seriousness though, it took years of trial and error, a lot of frustration, and a little bit platonic heartbreak to realize that you don't have to hang out with people who make you feel bad. Whether it be people who shoot down your dreams, are constantly killing your vibe by complaining and criticizing, or who just bring unnecessary/unwarranted negativity into your personal space. It's your space after all, take control of it! Don't they say that you are the combination of the five people you spend the most time with? Life's too short to hang out with sucky people who bring you down and make you feel anything less than amazing. Spend every minute making it as rad as possible my friends! I've personally been mining the vein of "YOLO" this summer by seeing people I love as much as possible, shamelessly letting internet crushes know that they're complete babetrons, and decking myself in all black everything 90% of the time. This denim vest by Dimepiece is the exception to my #noirfest because quite frankly, it rules. It has hella deep pockets and makes me feel like I emanate cute teenage boy vibes when I wear it. Plus I stuck a kick ass Totoro pin Eugenie gave me on the lapel. What are some rad things you folks do to pare down the negativity/bump up positivity in your life?