07 July 2014

hot on the edges cold in the middle








Supre Cape, Vanessa Mooney Rocker Eye Necklace, HM Sandals

One thing I'm very particular about is the jewelry that I wear. It has to hold some sort of sentimental value or power for me to want to wear it every day and be aesthetically versatile at the same time. That being said, the Vanessa Mooney Rocker Eye Necklace I'm wearing above totally hits it out of the ballpark. It was given to me by my best friend for Christmas last year and I have worn it religiously almost every day since. To me, jewelry is so much more than just physical adornment. The pieces I wear carry special energies that protect me with the love of the friends who gave them to me and help me navigate this crazy world. Wearing power pieces like the eye necklace and quartz crystal help me stay centered in the midst of chaos, which is probably one of the hardest things to do sometimes! I also use jewelry as a way of reminding myself of affirmations I use from day to day. (I also have these written down and stuck somewhere visible like my bathroom mirror!)

A couple of the ones I use are: 

Begin everyday with a grateful heart.

Recognize that the other person is you.

There is a way through every block.

When the time is on you, start, and the pressure will be off.

Understand through compassion or you will misunderstand the times.

and my favorite one-- Vibrate the cosmos and the cosmos will clear a path. 


Tying a little positive thinking and intention to the jewelry you wear everyday can do incredible things for your life!

P.S 'hot on the edges cold in the middle' refers to myself and(or) to hot pockets.