24 November 2014

ON TOP OF THE WORLD



Musing on my twenty first year of being on this earth and gearing up for the next.







Photos by Kelly Kai

Twenty one was the best and hardest year of my life. I got extremely sick, broke off a serious  relationship, was published in two university textbooks, and moved into my first apartment. To top it all off, I danced with Patti Smith and then sang along to 'Because The Night' last week! I'm so thankful for all the incredible people I've met along the way, I think I'll keep you all. The universe has blessed me and thrown me my fair share of curveballs, but it's all good because I've wised up, A LOT. It's the hardest I've ever had to hustle for myself and I'm still doing it! #GIRLBOSS for life, you know? I was a complete brat when I moved to New York. I'm still a sort of a brat sometimes, but a humbler brat – and only with myself. This year has been surreal and way too real. One year goes by in a blink of an eye, its terrifying how much can happen in such a short period of time. It's my golden birthday, the big 22 on the 22nd. I don't know exactly what my golden year is going to bring me, but I know I'm going in the right direction. I'm glad you'll be here to to watch it unfold with me. Until next time!

light+ love