14 September 2014

DADDY ISSUES


Daddy Issues is finally here! It's been a project of mine that I've been passive aggressively sitting on and cooped up for almost a year now. 



Here's a look at the foreword to give you an idea of what you can expect on the inside:



When you look up 'daddy issues', the results are usually saturated with misogynist articles circling around the idea that whenever a female has a fucked up relationship with her father, or absence of a father figure during her childhood, it tends to spill into any adult relationship they embark on, usually to the chagrin of any poor male in their life. 

This is not what Daddy Issues is about.
Daddy Issues is a place for us to share and read each other’s shitty dad stories. 

The concept of having a father figure just totally escapes me. I actually turned out pretty awesome without one. Thanks, Mom. I don’t have a father figure in my life; I don’t have any strong bonds with any older men and never have. I have no idea what I missed out on so I don’t miss what I never had. This is not complaining though, they’re the facts of my life that I’ve come to embrace and learn from. Everybody’s parents fuck them up, women aren’t the only people with ‘daddy issues’. It’s complicated. It took me a long time to realize that parents are actually real people who probably don’t have any idea what the hell they’re doing raising a kid. So I get overly excited and happy when I meet people who tell me about their incredible dads. I’m grateful for their existence. Shout out to all of the good dads out there! As for the rest of us, we all have our fair share of dad stories. Mine are chronicled through “The Steven,” who is less so my actual father and more so the essence of shitty dad that lives in all shitty dads. 

So please, read, enjoy, and contribute!


Email me at contact@lolitabandita.co if you’d like your own copy for $5 + shipping, contribute your own stories/artwork, and/or tell me your best dad jokes.