01 August 2014

Burn Baby Burn


Dress for yourself. Wear what you want.


If you are a woman (or are somebody who could be perceived as a female) and you've walked down a street before, chances are you've been catcalled and/or harassed by some idiot dude(s). Grrl, I've been there--we all have. It royally sucks and is downright infuriating. I don't blame anybody for feeling like they need to put up a mean front when out in public, I definitely do it all the time. It's not something I love to do, but I do it because it makes me feel safer when I, for example am walking past a construction site and feel the leering of a thousand dudebros. What I'm trying to say is, don't ever feel guilty for putting on your "don't fuck with me vibes" when you're walking down the street. 








You don't want to be bothered and nobody has the right to encroach on your personal space without your consent. Play up your bitch face! You are strong as hell and the pathetic jeers of men can't hurt you. You are invincible. You are amazing. I'm not going to touch too much on the annoying fact that women feel like they even have to put on a bitch face when walking down the street, because that entails talking more about the facts of livin' in a patriarchal society and I am SO OVER talking about men who have no tact or respect for other human beings. I will say this though, most street harassment happens purely because a woman is in a public space with other people and that pathetic men need an excuse to exert their ~masculinity in front of other people. *commence eyeroll* 



Zero UV shades, Blood Is The New Black top, One Teaspoon cutoffs, Jeffrey Campbell heels

You aren't doing anything wrong, babe. You're not wearing the wrong thing, too much makeup, or not enough makeup. It has nothing to do with you. Keep on doing you, wearing what you want, and shining your light so bright it burns all the cat callers you meet. I like to burn the cat callers I meet while wearing leather and snakeskin, but that's just personal preference.

What kind of clothes do y'all feel your brightest in? Send me an email and let me know! x

Photos by Michael Anthony